Thursday, September 9, 2010

Weekend Plans

It's been a really busy week and I haven't had any time for crafting or baking. To be honest, even if I did have time I wouldn't have found the energy. I'm really looking forward to a weekend of uninterrupted do whatever I want time! So excited in fact that I've already got three recipes lined up to try. So here's my plan for the weekend...

First up is an attempt at Challah. My husband, Chris, has a Jewish background on his father's side and he grew up in North York so he knows from Challah! Since I've been with him I've developed a real love for it too but I've never been brave enough to try making my own (I can't imagine braiding dough is super easy). I went searching for a recipe that claimed to be "easy" and I think I've found one on the Canadian House & Home website. I'm going to make this recipe and I'll be sure to post the results which I'm sure will look nothing like this picture! 


Next up is Nanaimo Bars! Again, something I absolutely love but have never tried myself. My Mom and Nana both make really tasty versions of these but, instead of their recipe, I'm going to try this one from Joy of Baking. Again, I'm doubting mine will live up to the picture but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.




Chris is wishing for cookies so I've decided that my third recipe this weekend will be Snickerdoodles. Chris and I both love Michael Smith and his show Chef at Home. Chris has one of his cookbooks that he uses all the time and the recipes are amazing. So I visited his website for this cookie recipe that he often makes on his show. I'm thinking it'll be pretty hard to mess these cookies so I'll probably save them for Sunday afternoon after I've struggled through Challah and Nanaimo Bars!


Three recipes might be a tall order but I've got high hopes for myself and I can't wait to get started. Friday night, hurry up and get here!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, my mouth is watering. I want those Nanaimo Bars! And I'm a big fan of Challah too. Never heard of Snickerdoodles, but I'm sure they're amazing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete