Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hurray for Christmas Decorations

Have I mentioned that I love Christmas? If you've been reading the blog then I'm sure this comes as no surprise. I spent yesterday decorating my house for the holidays and tonight I want to share some pictures of my Christmas excess with you ;)

First, there's the tree. I know it's not everyone's preferred style but I love my eclectic and colourful tree. And I think my Paper Garland looks great on it. Click on the image to see a bigger version. It's hard to take a clear picture of a lit tree so please forgive the blurriness!


My husband bought this ornament for me when we celebrated our first Christmas together so it gets a place of honour on the tree. This is a clearer picture of the garland too.



This is Chris' very own ornament. He's kind of a Grinch so anything that gets him into the holiday spirit I'll put up with, even if it means having a Simpson on my tree!


You might recognize my Newspaper Tree in this picture. My mom bought me Rudolph & Clarice last year. It's a Jim Shore piece and I love the little raccoon and rabbit standing with them.


Chris calls this table my "shrine to Christmas". Recognize the Ribbon Tree?

 \
There's Christmas in my front hall...


...and in my bathroom...


...Even our cat gets into the Christmas spirit!


And that's really just a taste of everything I've got going on around here. Some might call it overkill but I'm still working on paper snowflakes and cotton ball garlands because I think we could use a little more!

But it's not all about Christmas. Hanukkah starts at sundown tomorrow night so check back here on Thursday to see the surprise treat I've been working on for Chris. And don't forget, tomorrow is Bake-N-Blog. I'll be posting about my experience with Scotcheroos tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment