Friday, March 25, 2011

DIY Chocolate Easter Eggs

Easter is now officially less than a month away which means it's time to start decorating my house. My first project this year was DIY chocolate eggs.


I bought a bag full of plastic eggs for a couple of dollars. I took five and sanded them all over to rough them up a bit and give the paint something to stick to.


Then I gave them three good coats of brown acrylic paint. I painted tops and then bottoms and used part of an old egg carton to hold them in place while they dried.


You can still see the line where the top joins the bottom when you look closely but, other than that, I think they look pretty chocolate-y.

I love Easter decor!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they look great - i'll have to show my other half (who is quite crafty) and hopefully she will have to time to create something great. I'm not sure the kids will withstand Easter without real Easter chocolate though!

    ReplyDelete