Thursday, March 24, 2011

Office Baby Shower

Today at work we had a little lunchtime baby shower but with a twist - our guest of honour was a male colleague! Needless to say he was quite suprised but I think he was also touched and pleased as well.

I made a diaper cake.


I loaded it with tons of baby stuff in gender neutral colours since they don't know whether it's a boy or a girl.


It was kind of nice to make a yellow and green cake versus the typical blue or pink. The little puppy dog slippers are my favourite thing on the cake.


I also wrapped some organic Gerber sleepers and onesies up in a brown paper bag with ribbon - trying to keep the present as un-girly as possible. I couldn't resist adding the "I love daddy" bib. So cute!


The last project was making the card. I folded a piece of brown cardstock and glued on the background paper and then letters to spell  Baby. I think it turned out simple but still really cute.


I love making these diapers cakes and other gifts for babies and would love to turn it into a business someday. I just can't resist cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment