Friday, March 4, 2011

Paper Shamrock Bouquet

St. Patrick's Day is an occasion that I like to decorate for without really spending any money. Last night I came up with a craft made entirely of materials I already had in my stash - paper shamrocks.


These are so easy to make. Just use a heart punch to make three hearts. Stack them on top of each other and stick a brad through the bottom point of all three. Then fan out the hearts until you get a shamrock shape. Super simple! I also rolled the tops of the hearts over a pencil to give them a litle more dimension.

I made a whole bunch using different scraps of paper. To give them stems so I could put them in one of my newly enameled vases I just hooked a piece of floral wire around the back of the brad.


This craft took all of 15 minutes to complete and cost me nothing since I had all the supplies already. I love the cute little pop of Irish.



P.S. Linking this post up to:


2 comments:

  1. So cute...I did a bouquet too! I love the container...Did you paint the inside of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tanya! Yes, I painted the inside of the jar with white enamel - it looks greenish because of the tint of the glass.

    ReplyDelete