Monday, April 25, 2011

By the Batch - Easter Cupcakes

I know Easter has now passed but I wanted to show you the cake I made for dessert. I used a giant cupcake pan from Wilton to make this oversized cupcake.


The instructions say you need to use a pound cake so I used this recipe from Duncan Hines to turn boxed cake mix into pound cake. I will definitely be hanging on to this recipe because the cake turned out really moist and delicious!


I iced the cupcake with french vanilla frosting starting with purple at the bottom and working my way to yellowy-green at the top using a big star tip. My inspiration was a flower with the green as the centre.


For a little extra I added some coordinating sprinkles in purple and yellow. I wish I would have taken a picture with something in it to show scale so you could see just how big this cupcake is but to give you an idea, that first picture is the cupcake on a dinner sized pasta bowl.


With the leftover batter I made some cupcakes and iced them with the leftover green frosting, just one big star on the top of each.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter full of sweet treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment