Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easy Easter Lamp Redo

I don't normally post on the weekend but I had some major computer problems yesterday (as in my laptop completely died) and I didn't get to post. So today I'm using my crappy backup computer and figuring that my Friday post is better late than never! Today I'm sharing a really easy idea for adding a little Easter to a room by adding paper to a lamp.


Those with Silhouettes will know that ever week they give away a free shape. This week's is a rhinestone template and, even though rhinestones are really not my thing, I was sure I could think of a way to use it.

Via Silhouette

I have a lamp from Ikea in my living room that I've had for years. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same but it's similar to the GRÖNÖ they have for sale now. I decided to apply the egg shape to it.

Via Ikea

I cut the egg template twice onto double-sided Amy Butler paper so I had one egg in each design. Then I backed them with corresponding origami paper in plain colours so that the pattern would really show up. The last step was to use tape to stick the paper to the lamp so that it'll be easy to remove when Easter is over. Since I decided to only cover two sides I made the shape wide enough that it hangs over the edges.


With the lamp off it mostly just looks like pretty paper but when you switch the light on the egg shape really glows. If you try this yourself be sure you use a lamp that stays cool to the touch when it's switched on. Even then, you should keep a close eye on it.


This was a quick and easy way to add a little Easter to the living room and I love how pretty it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment