Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Simple Silhouette Bookmarks

For my birthday this past weekend I was lucky enough to receive my very own Silhouette from my family. I have been entering contest for months trying to win one and now I can stop crossing my fingers ;) Now I know that it can do all kinds of crazy complicated and cool projects but I started off very simple by making pretty little bookmarks for the girls in my book club.


This really could not have been easier. I just cut all of their names out using the Silhouette. What's really cool is that you can cut any font that you have on your computer! Instead of using the letters that were cut I used the outline that was left over (I put the letters aside for another project, of course!). I cut the paper with all of the outlines into strips and backed them with plain paper so that I could glue on all the extra bits (like the little triangles in the As).


And that's it. I gave them out today and everyone really seemed to like them. I can't wait to make my next project tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment