Monday, September 26, 2011

By the Batch - Lemon Bars

My husband generally doesn't take much interest in my pinning but he sure took notice when I pinned this recipe for Lemon Bars from Less Cake More Frosting. And he's been asking me to make them ever since. This weekend I finally did and boy am I glad - these things are seriously delicious!


Ingredients:
For the Crust
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1 cup softened Butter

For the Filling
4 beaten Eggs
2 cups Sugar
8 tablespoons Lemon Juice
4 tablespoons Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder


Directions:
Blend first 3 ingredients. Press into greased 9×13 pan. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes.
Once the crust is baked and cooled, mix remaining ingredients together well. Pour mixture over the cooled crust. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes.

I didn't have my camera so I wasn't able to take any pictures of the process but this recipe is so simple that you really don't need any. If you'd like some additional tips for making this recipe then I suggest heading to the source - Lara has provided all her secrets for getting the bars to turn out perfectly.


Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment