Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Reason I've Been Missing

Hello, friends! Well it's been a month since I've posted (I even missed my blog's one year anniversary!) and I have to admit that I've really missed this little blog. I didn't mean to disappear but the truth is that I haven't been doing a lot of baking or crafting which makes it difficult to post. I've written before about my lousy commute to work and how it steals all my energy but that hasn't been the only thing affecting me lately. In fact, I've got some big news. My husband and I are having a baby!


I'm 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow! Happily much of my energy has returned and I find myself slipping into nesting mode. And for me, nesting means crafting. I hope you won't mind a few baby-related projects being introduced to the blog - though I'm thinking it'll be ok since this DIY nursery decor post is actually my most popular. We go for the 20 week ultrasound at the beginning of October and once we know the gender the decorating and DIY will likely go into high gear.

So Sugar and Shimmer will see a little more action now. I've already got some great ideas for fall and Halloween and, in the meantime, I've been taking a cake decorating class that I'll be posting about and I've got some magnetic calendars to catch up on too. I won't be posting 5 days a week as I have in the past but I'll be here regularly with great recipes and ideas for you. I hope you're still reading!

2 comments:

  1. wow! congratulations.
    Hope it all goes well.

    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you back and looking forward to the calendars missed.

    ReplyDelete