Monday, December 12, 2011

Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake

Want to make the world's easiest chocolate cheesecake? Have I got the recipe for you! But first, a few disclaimers. When I made this recipe I was expecting traditional cheesecake consistency and that's not really what I got. This cake is more of a fudgey or mousse-like texture. I also thought it would look more like cheesecake (see the picture from the original recipe) but mine actually turned out looking more like chocolate pudding. I'm not sure exactly what happened as I followed the recipe exactly, save for substituting a graham cracker crust for the Oreo crust suggested. Now that isn't to say the cheesecake didn't turn out incredibly because it absolutely did. It's incredibly rich and delicious despite not being the cake I envisioned. If you're ok with that then on to the recipe!

 

Ingredients:
3 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese (softened)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
Pie crust - the original recipe calls for an Oreo crust but I had graham cracker crumbs so made mine using those and butter.

Directions:
Melt chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp. oil in microwave for 1-1/2 minutes until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Add melted chocolate to softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk and beat until well blended. Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until set.


Super easy, right? Three ingredients for the filling and no baking! And while the look and texture might not be very "cheesecakey" the taste definitely does the name justice. I garnished mine with some of the crust and a little whipped cream and it was a huge hit. File this recipe away for the next time you're looking for quick, easy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment