Monday, December 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares

When the lovely ladies over at Hoopla listed these Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares as one of the things they saw and loved last week I was reminded just how delicious and easy they are and decided they'd make the perfect Sunday afternoon baking project.


These squares are so easy that you barely need a recipe and you might just have the ingredients already in the house. All you need is:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 bag of butterscotch chips (300 g)
  • Mini marshmallows
Melt the butter, peanut butter and butterscotch chips in a pot over low heat. Once the mixture is melted and smooth take it off the heat and wait 5 minutes or so until it thickens up. After that dump in some marshmallows - I just eyeball how many to add, it depends on your tastes. Once the marshmallows are coated press the mixture into a greased 9x11 pan. Then stick the whole thing in the fridge to let it harden - or the freezer if you're in a hurry!

Super easy but also really tasty. Something tells me they aren't going to stick around my house for long!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I've been so MIA on your blog Sarah! Thanks so much to referring to us! And congrats on being pregnant! I saw Sue on the weekend and she told me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah!

    You have to get the coloured marshmallows - all the prairie ladies making their dainty plates up would tell you so.

    But yum - I wish you had somewhere to take these so you could share...

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Sarah. You are extrodinairy who knew you had these talents.....

    Love Andrea and Sarah Blue.

    ReplyDelete