Monday, January 30, 2012

By the Batch - Best Ever Chocolate Toffee Bark

Around Christmas I kept seeing this recipe around Pinterest labelled as "Christmas Crack". Apparently the stuff was so good it was the hard drug equivalent of the chocolate and toffee world. With only 4 ingredients I was a little sceptical but this past weekend I decided to put it to the test. And I am here to say that this stuff is the most delicious and addictive thing I have made in ages!


Don't let the simplicity fool you - this recipe is incredible. My husband and I have not stopped eating it since the moment it was cool enough to break into pieces.

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
40 saltine crackers

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Lay a flat layer of crackers out on the foil. Melt the sugar and butter until a boil is reached. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is thickened and sugar is completely dissolved. Pour this mixture over the crackers and spread to coat evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the toffee becomes bubbly. After removing the pan from the oven, let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips, let them soften and melt, and then spread them into an even layer. Let cool and thenrefrigerate until hardened. Break into pieces.

So easy, right? And chances are you've got the ingredients already. Just don't say I didn't warn you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment