Wednesday, January 4, 2012

By the Batch - Mini Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecakes

Do you ever come across a recipe and think "I've got to make that RIGHT now"? And you are compelled to head into the kitchen to whip up something delicious immediately? It might just be the pregnancy talking but when I saw this recipe from Snappy Gourmet for Mini Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecakes I had to have them asap! Thank goodness I had all the ingredients on hand. And let me tell you, they did not disappoint!


I have to apologize once again for the lack of in progress photos - there was no slowing me down once I got to work on these. I'm surprised I even managed a photo of the finished product ;)

Ingredients
1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 (12oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and butter. Press crumbs onto the bottom of the cupcake liners.

In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Beat in eggs until well combined.

Spoon cheesecake filling onto tops of crusts. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until set on top but still soft. Remove from oven and cool completely.

Place chocolate chips and cream in small microwave safe bowl in microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Spoon the chocolate on top of each cheesecake. 

Refrigerate cheesecakes for at least 3 hours or overnight. Store cheesecakes in refrigerator.

According to Sarah
These cheesecakes are fantastic. My husband, who doesn't really have a sweet tooth, was eating these for dessert almost every night until they were gone. While the original recipe calls for crushed peanuts on top I made these just before Christmas and opted to put some red sugar on top instead - I think they'd be cute this way to serve to your Valentine as well! Definitely a decadent dessert that you wouldn't want to eat all the time (or maybe you would haha) but these make a great treat for a special occasion. The extra bonus is that, while they are really easy, they look like you actually put some real time and effort into them!

So what do you think - do you want to make them right now??



P.S. I'm so excited that my Baby Closet Dividers were featured on Paper Issues yesterday. Be sure to click over and check it out :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I definitely want to make them right now. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cheesecakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete