Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More DIY Birthday Cards

We celebrated two family birthdays earlier this month and I made cards for the birthday guy and girl. As I’ve said before, there’s something special about a handmade card and they really aren’t that difficult to put together. If you’re a scrapbooker then chances are you’ve already got all the materials you’ll need. I never have to buy anything to make cards – I just choose papers and elements from my stash. I like my cards to have several coordinating layers but you can go much simpler or much more complex than I do.

Here are some pictures of the cards you can use as inspiration. The first was for my uncle. It’s made mostly of Sassafras and K & Company stuff.

Birthday Cards (2)Birthday Cards (3)

And this card was for my brother’s girlfriend. It’s made entirely of Sassafras papers and elements except for the birthday hat sticker. I love how a little hat can turn any happy card into something more specifically birthday.

Birthday CardsBirthday Cards (1) 

I look forward to the next occasion so I can make more cards – expect some new ones for Father’s Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment