Monday, July 9, 2012

By the Batch – No Bake Cookie Dough Bites

Last week I wrote about how hot it’s been here and how no bake desserts like Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are the way to go when you don’t want to turn the oven on. Today I’ve got another great no bake treat, Cookie Dough Bites from Disney Family.com. The best part about this recipe? None of the 5 ingredients (count ‘em, just 5!) is raw eggs so there’s no need to worry that these are unsafe.

No Bake Cookie Dough Bites

Ingredients

1 cup salted butter, softened
1½ cups packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup miniature chocolate chips

Directions

Cream butter and sugar together. Add remaining ingredients and mix well -- use your hands to get it together the best. Roll into 1-inch balls.

Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Dip in chocolate, drizzle with chocolate or eat as is. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving. Store in the refrigerator.

Super simple and so good! I didn’t have miniature chocolate chips so I used full size. There’s nothing wrong with the full size ones but the balls are a little harder to make stick together so next time I’ll use miniature or smash up some regular ones and save myself a trip to the grocery store. Just one word of caution – these things are addictive!

 

1 comment:

  1. The only reason I like baking chocolate chip cookies is because I LOVE eating the dough while I'm making them! This recipe is definitely going into my cookie rotation - I don't really worry about raw eggs in regular cookie dough, but five-ingredient dough is lot easier to make than 15-ingredient dough :-)

    Thanks for entering my Susan Bailie art giveaway I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow - good luck!

    ReplyDelete