Thursday, August 30, 2012

By the Batch – Creamy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bark

You may have seen me mention on the Facebook page last week that I had an impromptu chocolate and peanut butter craving one afternoon that had to be satisfied. I didn’t have any flour in the house which seriously limited what I could bake and the baby was asleep upstairs so I couldn’t go out. So I went with the most literal translation of the craving and combined peanut butter and chocolate chips into a super delicious bark. I debated sharing because what I made is so simple you could hardly call it a recipe but I’ve decided to post about it because it was just so darn good and it looks quite pretty too.

Creamy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bark

Ingredients

  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp margarine
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter

Directions

It doesn’t get much easier than this. Melt the chocolate chips and the margarine in a double boiler (or just put a bowl on top of a pot with a little bowling water in it like I do). Once it’s melted smooth let it cool for a minute and then spread it out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. How thin you spread it depends on how thin you want your bark to be. While the chocolate sets up a bit pop your peanut butter into the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it up. You want it to be a bit runny so feel free to heat a bit longer until it gets to the right consistency. Once you’ve got it right simply spoon it over your chocolate and then take a butter knife and swirl the peanut butter into the top of the chocolate. You want to make sure to leave a layer of chocolate at the bottom so it will harden. Once it’s all swirly and pretty stick it in the fridge until it’s set (about an hour). Break it into pieces and enjoy.

The chocolate will harden but the sections of peanut butter will stay a bit soft and creamy recreating the wonderful texture of a peanut butter cup. Because I was embarrassed by how simple this “recipe” is, I tried to complicate it but doing some variations but I promise you that nothing made it better. Straight chocolate and peanut butter are where it’s at!


No comments:

Post a Comment